Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Start Blogging

Ok. For all of you guys and galls who want to kiss and tell, or just want to let the whole world know what you are all about, or whatever you wanna halla ‘bout, a blog is a very good way to start.

The thing is, you want to be seen and heard (otherwise you would not be doing this would you?). So, how do you start?

I have created blogs on a lot of platforms just for the fun of it when I know I don’t have enough time to update all of them (See my previous entry and there are more than I mentioned in it).

The thing is, there are different ways to start, and there are even more places to start. I found that if you want to be seen or heard, you have to make a noise. Making noise used to be expensive on the net. Well, now it’s a lot cheaper! Notice I did not say free.

It also depends on what you really want to accomplish.

Noise making really, requires a community. What I mean is, if you want to be heard, shout in a marketplace, or in a full classroom, or at a conference. All these places require people. In other words, no one will notice you if you shout in a desert (I’m sure they will though if certain other conditions are met and you really shout loud enough, but you get my drift).

So, where you place your blog is important. One of the most important ways of getting readership of your posts, is to have people you know visit your site, or even get them to create their own blogs, and then link to your. This way, your site gets more visibility.


Of course I am taking for granted that you have something someone would want to read about.

…to be continued

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to complete this. I am interested but i'm not sure i have the time for it.
Keep it up sha!

Anonymous said...

How do you get these links on your page?

Anonymous said...

How far? u neva complete am now...