Thursday, August 10, 2006

Gmail for everyone

I've heard that Google is about to remove the restriction of requiring an invitation to get a gmail account.

Does this mean the the exclusivity is about to be removed? I dont know what this means to a lot of other people, but I do not think I will stop using it as some people have threatened to do.

However, I think there might be a few issues though.

For example,
It will cost more to host all the accounts that will be accomodated,
It will reduce it's allure to some,
There will be more waste accounts,
The increase in traffic, could cause the system to be come as slow as yahoo,
...and other issues as may arise.

But I think for google, they will have more data to process and can market their other services to more people. For example, more people can now have a google calendar, googlepages, adsense, blogger and other services that google may think to push at them. This will mean more visibility to Google, and they can turn this to revenue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please add a link to this post