Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The British are coming

There is this interesting article on Samuel Onongha's blog. It's about the role of the Nigeria poloce in the maintenance of peace and security, and it's a very voluminous article. I found it while I was looking for new info concerning the role the british police are going to play in the ongoing investigation about Funsho Williams murder.

I heard also, that the British police were also consultants for the Germans during the world cup. I wonder , are they that really that much more experienced than other police forces, or does this say something about their community?

I would like to see better awareness and professionalism in the Nigerian police force and I welcome any attempt to improve the perception of Nigeria in any way possible. But I would have thought training would be enough and not a full scale operation by a foreign police on our soil. I hope their stay does something for the ordinary man on the streets so we can all feel safer and not just the political class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should do a follow up to this post!